Monday, March 1, 2010

Memory Snippets: I insist, sir/miss…

1298620659_7e659d592a 2419541330_5da182793f 2455378401_893e6d1de6Diverse People Joining Hands - From Below

“Miss, I insist that you double check whether my pictures are in my student file”.

“Sir, bring it down to 20 ringgit for the dress, okay? I saw a 20 ringgit price tag there…”

If we all insisted and double checked and bargained more, the chances of us taking a ride and doing double work will be greatly lessened.

I wish that I remembered that more often. Today me and my mom went for a car ride because I didn’t double check (I mean triple check) about having submitted 3 passport size photos to the driving academy I was studying in.

I called up the academy office today morning to ask about learning to go behind the wheel. I was very excited—I was thinking about holding a steering wheel for the first time today. Or so I thought.

The lady at the office told me that I need to submit 3 passport photos so that they could process my learner’s license.However, I thought I did remember submitting the photos earlier, so I asked her about it. She said that I needed to submit another 3 pictures. I didn’t confirm further. I ran out of passport photos at home, so I went out to print 4 new sets of photos and then went to the academy, only to have the lady check my file and say that I don’t need to submit any more photos since I gave them to her when I registered!

What a ride…and a lesson to learn! Confirming my doubts a second or even third time would have saved a ride, my mom’s petrol, and the 50 cents worth of a parking ticket…

No comments:

Post a Comment