Thursday, September 16, 2010

Flashback :)

As I come back to this blog after so long...it's interesting to see how time has passed and how views and stuff that happened change so quickly.

In one of the previous posts I wrote about a so-called "million dollar topic" that frets every high school leaver in Malaysia: What to do after SPM? In that post I ranted about Form 6 Science, Arts, and A-levels, and college. Well, now I've made my choice: I'm in form 6 Arts now, doing the subjects that I initially thought I would find boring--economics, business studies, history. And I love studying 'em, because the new school environment is very nice (and cooling too, since it's in the middle of a village.) My teachers make "keluks" or graphs, equations, writing reports, and presentations (yup tons of that. kinda of like tutorials in college I heard, just that it's still er...school) fun...and my classmates? [heart'em. enough said.]

In that same post I also mentioned that in a new school there's less chance to stand out and contribute to the school...EEAAPP! So false actually. In a few short months, I felt like I've been able to contribute well in school, whether in an active class discussion [btw, the 6R1 I know is a very lively class ;) ], in quietly doing paper cuttings for librarian duty (although reading cuttings about current issues, especially baby dumping can be p-r-e-tty depressing. Maybe another post on that later.) or as the secretary for our Student Council (I'm still very surprised that I was nominated, let alone elected to post. Like wow, I'm so happy for this opportunity;)) . And I said before that I'm waiting until I'm 18. Well...here you have it. A legally 18-year old kid-dult? :)

Ahh, time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment