Friday, March 11, 2011

On the title of this blog.

*note: the title of the blog has been changed since Sept 2011 to "Deb's Ink Trail" and there's no long explanation for choosing that title, but I'll keep this post for memories.*

So you must be wondering: Why on earth did I choose the title 'Pursuing a warrior spirit?'

Well, the short explanation : because I am. :)

The slightly detailed one: Right now, in my eighteenish-going on nineteen life, I've been very blessed and glad to be given many opportunities in life that I'd never experienced before because I was so content with my sheltered life that I was scared of venturing out and doing the brave kind of stuff.

And now, I am going to scale heights and mountains (metaphorically) that I'd never done before in life.

From something as tiny as making a phone call to order pizza (I've done that a few times now, and yes, I normally chicken out from doing that) and also the huger things that I've been responsible, such as school leadership opportunities and writing/editing opportunities that I'm currently involved in, even steps in the areas of friendships and social adaptability. (I'm very glad on that one.)

I know that these are just the beginning of the other things and happenings that I'm going to experience after this,especially now in these years of prime and opportunity.

And being a frog under a coconut shell (literally translated from the Malay saying) all this while, as I take small steps to explore this whole new world of ideas and opportunities, I need to be brave to face the challenges that come with all these things. Challenges that require wisdom, maturity, and strength to tackle.

Therefore, now I'm pursuing a warrior spirit, where I resolve to always be brave to take risks and not back down and give in to laziness, complacency, and fear, trusting that if something is God's will for me, He won't withhold any good from me so that I can grow, mature and reach out to those around me. But at the same time, this warrior must always know who she really is and be humble and teachable, always learning from observation and wisdom from the people around me :)

So there you have it: the origins of this blog's title.

No comments:

Post a Comment