Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A note to a first love...


Dear you,

It's been quite a while since I'd stopped listing you as someone I like, in my brain that is.

I still think about you now, not once in a while, but every once in a while.

I know this is not the kind of 'love' that makes people want to couple up or eventually get married a year later...

...and that the wise terms for it would be 'puppy love', 'crush' and 'infatuation', but I admit that I really liked you. A lot.

Even though I looked really silly when I was falling head over heels for you, I liked the butterflies in my stomach that I felt whenever you looked at me.

And when I talked to you, it's sweet, it's pleasant, it's good.

But I know that we aren't more than friends, and can't be, because I'm not ready for it, and it's not the best way to be, because if we were together the situation may be worse than being friends, and I don't want that to cause a rift in our friendship.

However, I can't deny that I enjoy being with you, because to me you are quite special.

I hope that even though now we're only just friends, but that our friendship will be a good one, a memorable one.

I don't think that I can forget you just yet.

So, let you be a sweet memory, one that gives me a smile whenever the thought of you comes to my mind :)

PS: Didn't I say relationships are complicated? "you's" of times ago come to mind. As of now, I'm gonna enjoy friendships to the max first :)

3 comments:

  1. I presume this has something to do with your question on recom? =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea...that, and also related to my upcoming Remag article in April that will be on platonic friendships...

    Most of the stuff I write is based on 100% personal experience at the moment, be it relational, events, happenings, concerns etc that I'd seen/heard, because that way I'm more passionate about what I write:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. somehow your article struck a chord with me and could not resist the temptation to tell you that. What you have wrote exactly sings out the rhythm that I am feeling . XD

    lysia

    ReplyDelete