Monday, March 14, 2011

It's NOT about the 3 "M"s: me, myself, I.


To anyone who struggles with the 3 alter egos, Me, Myself and I, constantly dominating your brain (yours truly here included):

It's not about me, because the world is made up of many unique individuals, each with their own stories to tell, and I am just one in a billion (or more) that can contribute. If it was about you, what are all those other people for? Think about it.

It's not about me, because when people don't respond to me, they have all the right to, with their own reasoning, and 99% percent of the time they don't respond for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with me at all.

It's not about me, because who am I, actually? Am I the center of the universe? Do my thoughts have to center around me?

Have it not be for God's undeserved grace I would not even exist here on earth, living and breathing for that matter.

It's not about me, it's about me having the means to be a blessing and a help to others around me, regardless of how small that contribution is, because every thought counts.

It's not about me, therefore I need not have any fear of rejection, even from the most perfect of strangers. 

If someone doesn't like me...either I need to right some wrong habit of mine (which is a positive step) or even if after that it still happens, well, too bad for that person then, my identity doesn't change because of that.

It's about leaving a legacy in people's lives, instead of fame, fortune, and other temporal means of happiness.

So to these 3 alter egos, Me, Myself and I, wherever you are: go out there, and reach out to someone in need. Stop just contemplating about your state all the time, you 3.

How can you reach out to someone in need today, in your own special way? Every thought counts. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment