Saturday, March 26, 2011

Looking forward to the weekend :)


Do you like weekends?

I'm sure that's a no-brainer, and if you see this you'll go like "Of course? Who doesn't?"

Well...I like both weekends and weekdays, just in different ways, and sometimes I think that we should do weekdays some justice too. However, I've also got to admit that weekends are fun, and if they were taken away  we'll get kind of depressed, no?

On weekends, we basically have more free time on our hands that during weekdays needed to be spent on work and/or school, so during that free time we can do anything else we want to do: pursue a hobby, catch up with all your homework (yes, there is some kind of satisfaction in that, when you flop on your bed on Sunday night and think "Yay, I finished everything and I don't owe any teacher any work, so I'm going to enjoy my sweet slumber. Good night!"), hang out with friends (double yay!) and others. That is the main reason why weekends are so enjoyable.

However, for many people, their weekends are also packed with various outside activities that they are committed to. For some of these people, weekends are as busy as weekdays, sometimes even more as their schedules are packed. Some take part-time jobs, some teach or attend courses on various subjects, some engage in activities held by religious authorities, and some just have too much work carried forward from weekdays that have to be finished on weekends or otherwise they'll get it from the supervisor on Monday. So, to say that weekends are entirely free isn't entirely correct, either. However, for many people, the outside activities that they take part in suits their passion, for example a music student who spends her weekends teaching and learning about music, and for others they are physical, mental,emotional and/or spiritual food, where they learn something from the things that they do. Therefore, even though weekends are busy, they're still enjoyable for these folks.

How about weekdays? I have to admit one of the reasons I look forward to weekdays is because I can meet up with my friends in school and hang out with them the whole day (depending on how long your school day is). I know that most students detest homework and assignments, that are synonymous with schooldays and even workdays, but without them, how can our brains be stimulated and challenged? How can we continue to learn and upgrade ourselves? Even though I'm lazy to do them, I'm glad that there's homework in my life, because they're what makes me smarter in time. However, too much homework within a short period of time is stressful too. As the saying goes, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy", too much homework limits the amount of time available for rest and hobbies during weekdays and weekends alike.

Well, that's all for today. (I'm timing myself on the computer, and since I only have 5 minutes more, I'd better wrap up. Time management...!) Here's to a great weekend to everyone:)

By the way, what's the inspiration for today's post? Well, I'd have to admit it's actually the Rebecca Black song, "Friday". It's stuck in my head somehow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment