Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Form 6 So Far

Reflecting on the past, present and future...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mid-July is approaching, and sixers all over Malaysia have around three months or so left to prepare for 'the' exam - STPM. And as this time is approaching, different students have different reactions towards studies and form 6 life in general.

Well, there was a sharing session in class today.

There were some who felt happy that they have improved in time on certain or all subjects, and were optimistic for further improvements.

There were others who candidly admitted that they took it easy and slacked in their studies until recently. However, these others also expressed earnest desire to buck up and improve from now on.

There were some whose daily lives are tied up with many commitments, in school, at home or elsewhere. Even with less time in their hands compared to others, I salute them for having the drive to do their very best.

STPM is no walk in the park. However, wow, what a journey!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for me? Well, I have to admit that even though my results were considerably good this term, I knew that I was not running on all my cylinders. Whenever I look at a pile of work to be done, I just let it go and prefer to socialize behind a computer screen, to make up for the seeming lack of it in face-to-face communication at school (not an excuse for me to not study though!)

My grandmother's seeming nagging is valid: hearing 'poi padi' (Tamil for 'go and study') every time I'm in front of the computer. "Haven't you any homework or revision to do?" Well I do, but I put Internet time in front of my homework because I had perceived it as more important to prove to myself and those around me that I do have a 'life', being a social late bloomer that is desperately trying to catch up.

But I'm thinking twice. Is it really what matters? I've not been counting my blessings. My friends actually don't think that I'm shy and reserved anymore. So why am I kidding myself and setting unrealistic goals? Such a small matter. The popularity bug must have been bugging me again. (Shoo!)

As of now I ought to, like my friends, buck up and earn my way up to a 4-flat.

Now, if you don't mind me, I'm going to poi padi...

Yeah, be like this little one here. For a brighter future :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Images taken from (not in order): (1), (2), (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment