Saturday, April 2, 2011

Questions For You: History


History. Some people have a passion for it, some hate it, and some people just couldn't be bothered with this subject of tales of our world's past. Today I invite you, my reader, to contemplate (and drop a comment or two) on a few questions on this intriguing study subject:

1) Do you like history and find it fascinating? Why, or why not?

2) Do you think that there is such a thing as 'unadulterated' history references in the world?

3) Is the told form of history, anywhere, manipulated, changed and/or have certain aspects and parts omitted to act especially in the interest of a particular country, political party, race, religion, social status, etc.,where certain parties basically just state the parts that they want people to know and not the whole truth?

4) As the saying goes, 'History is written by the victors'. How true is this statement? Do you agree with it?

As for my answers to them, I'll tackle them one by one in detail, soon. I'm kind of in the study mood now, since tis' the season for MUET, but meanwhile I invite you, my reader, to think about these questions. How does history really affect us?

No comments:

Post a Comment