Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Itchy Spot: Sweet Slumber

After a month or more of missing afternoon naps, I decided to take one today.After listening to some mp3s and washing my oily afternoon-face(my usual nap routine)I flopped on the bed trying to sleep. I love sleep...the freedom from thinking or doing anything...except dream.Maybe.
 304538107_be34b0bdf82176105366_2735273705 3370809348_112a60fa14 Five year old girl lies on grass with hand outstretched 
About half an hour in, when I was getting cosy and almost (almost) fell asleep,my grandma's hollers suddenly awakened me..."Come and show us your email! Your dad sent you the pics from the operation!"
I went down half-sleepy and moody. "Is it very important? It's just a minor operation...Dad's got a stress lump on his neck and just got that removed...can't this wait until nap is over?" And with that I went back to sweet slumber for another half an hour. The cyst-viewing had to be postponed for later...
I was in for a rude awakening. How on earth can I put sleep more important than my dad's operation? Dad was probably so glad the lump's gone and I had to be such a kill-joy...
From then, I made this resolution that I will not mind being awakened from beauty sleep to share the little, special moments that happen. Sleep can wait; moments don't. Relationships are way too valuable to waste moments.
Finally,
don'tbug
becomes
bugmesmt

No comments:

Post a Comment