Friday, January 15, 2010

To Think About: Seeking God

Last Sunday I heard a sermon about the need to seek God more often. There’s a illustration in Luke 11:24-26 that describes the danger of not seeking God:
“When an evil spirit leaves a person, it goes into the desert, searching for rest. But when it finds none, it says, ‘I will return to the person I came from.’ 25 So it returns and finds that its former home is all swept and in order. 26 Then the spirit finds seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all enter the person and live there. And so that person is worse off than before.” (NLT)
I learned that the home that’s all “swept and in order” had no devil residing in it…but there was no Jesus there either.
Therefore, seeking God daily and growing in my faith is vital if I’m to stay strong and not falter…I’ve to admit here the time i spent in prayer and enriching myself in the Word is, well…very little.
389002484_73f663b5ba 3405971322_23eae03cac 3475543391_9e194ae6ef 534606688_afc161581a
I’ll use this sermon and blog post to remind myself to seek God…everyday!=)
“…even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.”v.28b, same translation
How do you seek God?
ps:if my theology is not exactly correct…correct me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment