Thursday, January 21, 2010

To Think About: Looking Stupid and Pride

Today my mom asked me to call the "paper lama"or recycled paper lorry from the house...and I chickened out. Mom did it like a pro.How come whenever she does it it seems like it's so easy?
Seriously, I loathe doing stuff like these. Whether it's calling Pizza Hut delivery or ordering food from food courts (that's why I prefer restaurants) I am kind of overcome by some sort of ridiculous fear and turn all red and stiff...(embarrassing habit#1 revealed).
Actually there's nothing I'm afraid about...except looking stupid.Really. I want the paper lama man, the Pizza Hut operator and the food court hawker to have a good first impression on me...but the more I try, the more ridiculous I get.
2102241922_483d1a19fd 1782672345_6169b79043 2449906142_56d6729d3b 3564035589_03686caf73
I've been told that you gotta have guts to survive. Well for me, I've learned that guts can be developed...and the #1 way to start is by being humble to look stupid during the first couple of tries, instead of trying to save face and look good. I end up looking worse anyway...
Humility and a teachable spirit, then, can help me look stupid-and have a good laugh at myself.That's how I'll learn=)
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."[Philippians 2:3]

No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday.
Pope, Alexander

Only those who feel little in the eyes of God, can hope to be mighty in the eyes of men.

Arndt, Ernest Moritz
Quotes from Quotations Book

No comments:

Post a Comment